With summer just around the corner, it is the right time to start with your fitness plan and eat your way to the perfect beach body. Here are 10 healthy breakfast ideas that are not only easy to prepare but also will help you achieve your fitness goals.
1. Eggs and greens
If there is one food item that should be no.1 on the list of a weight watcher, it is eggs! Here’s how you can make delicious and super nutritious eggs and greens.
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- Sauté the mushrooms and spinach in a skillet and transfer to a plate.
- Cook your egg sunny side up.
- Add the cooked egg to the dish of greens.
- Drizzle with Sriracha sauce and serve hot.
2. Greek yogurt and nuts
This high-protein diet breakfast is the perfect guilt-free start for a busy day at work.
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp crushed walnuts
- A handful of chopped raspberries
- 1tbsp flax seeds
- 1tbsp honey
- Spoon your yogurt in a dessert dish and sprinkle crushed walnuts, raspberries, and flax seeds on top of it.
- Sprinkle the yogurt with cinnamon.
- Drizzle your dish with honey and serve.
3. Banana Smoothie
Loaded with calcium and potassium, this creamy luscious banana smoothie is a perfect replacement for your sugar laden cup o joe.
- ½ cup fresh banana sliced
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt or milk
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Crushed ice
- Toss the banana, milk, ice and vanilla essence into a blender and blend to a smooth consistency.
- Pour the smoothie into a tall glass and serve chilled.
A bowl of oats and milk can do wonders when you are trying to eat healthily and keep a tab on your frequent hunger pangs.
- ½ cup oats
- 2 cups skimmed milk
- I tbsp sugar
- your choice of berries
- Add the milk and oats in a pan and bring the mixture to boil.
- Cook for a few minutes until the oatmeal reaches a thick consistency.
- Add sugar to taste, stir and sprinkle fruits.
- Serve hot.
5. Citrus salad
Churn up this sweet and tangy citrus salad with some oranges, grapefruits and Greek yogurt and enjoy a light and refreshing morning meal.
- 1 orange
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup pistachios
- Slice the citrus fruits and mix them in a bowl with honey.
- Plate the yogurt in a deep dish and top it with the citrus slices.
- Drizzle the remaining honey, finish off with a final garnish of pistachios and oats and serve.
6. Small blueberry pancakes with maple yogurt
Who said that pancakes are an unhealthy breakfast choice? You just need to be a little smart with your ingredients and fortify your regular pancake flour with rolled oats to keep it light yet filling.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- ¾ cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- Maple syrup
- Mix the eggs, vanilla, oats and cheese in a blender until smooth and stir in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter onto a heated skillet and prepare pancakes until both sides turn golden.
- Whisk the yogurt with maple syrup and serve alongside pancakes.
7. Smoked salmon toast
Try this super nutritious breakfast and keep your post-meal cravings in check.
- 2 large sliced toasted country bread
- ½ low-fat Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces of smoked salmon
- ¼ onion
- 1 tbsp capers
- Black pepper
- Top each of your toasts with evenly divided helpings of yogurt, onion, salmon and capers.
- Season with pepper to taste and serve.
8. Strawberry English muffin
This high-fiber breakfast is the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth and eat less during lunchtime.
- 1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 whole grain English muffin
- 1 tbsp dried chia seeds
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup sliced strawberries
- Spread the peanut butter onto your sliced English muffin.
- Finish off with toppings of chia seeds, berries, and cinnamon and serve.
9. Quinoa grain bowl
- 2 cups low fat milk
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup blueberries
- Boil milk in a pan and add quinoa.
- Bring the mixture to boil and cook on simmer for about 15 minutes or until it reaches a thick consistency.
- Stir in sugar, cinnamon, and blueberries and serve hot.
10. Pumpkin toast
If you wish to satisfy your dessert cravings right in the morning, you might want to check out our whole wheat pumpkin toast recipe.
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- Whisk eggs, pumpkin puree, nutmeg and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- Dip bread slices into the mixture and toast on a heated skillet until golden brown.
- Serve hot.